New forum

Started by smilodon, August 06, 2023, 04:37:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smilodon

Hopefully once you have reset your password you'll be able to see into the forums and post.

A few

"yes it's working ok"

posts here will let us know the cogs are going around more or less as intended. If not we have a bit more tweaking with the email confirmations to get sorted.

Cheers
smilodon
Whatever's gone wrong it's not my fault.

OldBloke

Working for me but where are the smilies :-(

Well done Whitey for rescuing the old data and Smilo for configuring this new SMF-flavoured forum.

My thanks to Gandy too for all his support over the years.

There is a small typo I've noticed. 'Ad-hoc Gaming' is showing as 'Ah-hoc Gaming'
"War without end. Well, what was history if not that? And how would having the stars change anything?" - James S. A. Corey

RizZy

All looking good from here.

DiseasedBunny

Whew! I managed to sneak in...

Whitey

Quote from: OldBloke on August 06, 2023, 04:45:21 PMWorking for me but where are the smilies :-(

Well done Whitey for rescuing the old data and Smilo for configuring this new SMF-flavoured forum.

My thanks to Gandy too for all his support over the years.

There is a small typo I've noticed. 'Ad-hoc Gaming' is showing as 'Ah-hoc Gaming'

I'm sure there should be an easier way to insert a smilie 😎 but you can use the right click-Emoji option which seems to work.  👍

I'd also like to add huge thanks to Gandy for all the work over the years hosting our forum/email/DNS...

BrotherTobious

All working now thanks for the help one and all.

Amazing effort from everyone who help to get us to here.

And yes echoing above thank you Gandy for the help and support over the many many years.
"It's hard, but not as hard as Arma!!!" Tutonic
"Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil... prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon.." Terry Pratchett

Penfold

Looks great but where do we find our messages and profile please?

I think these posts also needs an update at some point.

https://forum.deadmen.co.uk/index.php?topic=9513.0

this is also very much obsolete.

https://forum.deadmen.co.uk/index.php?topic=28408.0

PEN
(Formerly: ThePENDRAGON)

smilodon

Right at the top next to your forui  profile

Penfold - Messages - Alerts

I have 147 pages of PM's stored and it did take about ten seconds for them to appear the first time.

The changes to content etc are being worked onby others now the new forum is up and running.
smilodon
Whatever's gone wrong it's not my fault.