Dead Men Walking

Old Server Admin Section => SOG Archive => SOG War Room => Silver Oak Guardians => Archived Topics => The Clean Up => Topic started by: Armitage on March 07, 2006, 06:19:51 PM

Title: what price a portal
Post by: Armitage on March 07, 2006, 06:19:51 PM
Do you mages out there charge people for the trouble of making them a portal?

And what about the begging for food and water?
Title: what price a portal
Post by: Bastet on March 07, 2006, 06:24:03 PM
portal is normaly 20s (reagent cost is 18s + 2s tip)

bread/water i dont know, since i dont use it
Title: what price a portal
Post by: TeaLeaf on March 08, 2006, 08:14:01 AM
I never charge guildies or friends for bread or water.
I cant remember when I last charged for a portal for friends, guildies, raid or party members, i.e. I don't charge for them!
I rarely make portals for anyone else, otherwise I would spend my whole time doing it in IF.
I do not charge guildies, friends, party or raid members for bread or water, but any high level Mage will get bombarded with multiple requests every hour of every day asking for free water (they rarely ask for bread).  
If I know them I will usually make some water for them without charge.
If I know people in their Guild I will usually make some water for them without charge.
If they do not ask politely, or approach me on the basis that Blizzard gave them the right to treat every Mage as a waterboy then they are likely to find that I am 'bread spec' and unable to help them. :norty:

TL.
Title: what price a portal
Post by: Gandalf on March 08, 2006, 09:19:08 AM
I just say all mine is Soulbound  :lmfao:
Title: what price a portal
Post by: Snowstormer on March 08, 2006, 01:12:45 PM
I charge about 30s for a portal, to make some profit. I have sene people do it between 20s and 50s.

For waters, i never charge..but i usually do not conjure either. Exept in raids, or if its a friend/guildie asking. Though i seem to have lots of "friends" when it comes to people needing water.. (Such as random people in tyr's.)
Title: what price a portal
Post by: kregoron on March 09, 2006, 09:20:27 AM
If i ever make a portal for anyone outside the guild, the pirce is 25sp so i get 9 sp in profit. I never charge guildies for portals, bread or water.
If i make consumables for people in IF the usually have to tip me a little depends on how much they get and how much they feel they need it ;) but it rarelly happens.
Title: what price a portal
Post by: Vargen on March 09, 2006, 10:23:05 AM
QuoteOriginally posted by TeaLeaf@Mar 8 2006, 09:14 AM
If they do not ask politely, or approach me on the basis that Blizzard gave them the right to treat every Mage as a waterboy then they are likely to find that I am 'bread spec' and unable to help them. :norty:

TL.
[post=115655]Quoted post[/post]
[/b]

Just make the lowest rank water TL :P

But my reply to someone finishing the onyxia chain quest was simply

random person: Heal me plxx!
Vargen: Sorry, Feral spec
*shapeshift to bearform*