Anyone remember a mod for halflife called firearms?
If you do check out Firearms 2 (http://www.firearms2mod.com), I'm part of the mod team and hoping to help recreate the mod as it was when i enjoyed it.
...and have something that looks nice on a CV :wink:
Yeah vaguely remember giving it a whirl ages ago. Came out about the same time as CS got big, and so sort of got a bit lost. Good fun though I seem to re-call.
Good website as well. Liking the progress meter thing!
That mod looks really nice. No beta download yet?
Played it quite a bit. It's a great mod with a mini-Bf2/AAS feel to it. If this delivers I may have to get HL2 after all. :dribble:
Btw, this got me interested. Are there still old Firearms servers out there and do you play this through Steam or as a "normal" HL mod?
There are a few servers left, and it runs through steam.
But tbh the later versions of Firearms strayed quite far from its 'fun' roots, although there may even still be old 2.5 servers running. not sure tho.