http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/basics/talents/mage/talents.html?2400550010031530000000000000000005350003002301000 (http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/basics/talents/mage/talents.html?2400550010031530000000000000000005350003002301000)
That's a great Arcane/Frost raiding spec for Damage and it also has Ice Block for the times you screw up and get aggro. :biggrin:
Wrong title mate :P Thanks a bunch though! I love it :flirty:
Quote from: KreuZThat's a great Arcane/Frost raiding spec for Damage and it also has Ice Block for the times you screw up and get aggro. :biggrin:
With frost channeling and BoS, you will have to try very hard to get aggro of the tank though ;).
Hmm, that doesn't look too bad - I think I might try out that for my mage.
You thing that will work out for leveling? mostly solo? (I'm lvl 38 atm)
Quote from: SandrionWith frost channeling and BoS, you will have to try very hard to get aggro of the tank though ;).
Believe me, it's not that hard :narnar:
@ Bob: It's probably not as good as a leveling build, except the Arcane talents since when you're leveling fast mana regen is king.
I'm actually a bit confused when it comes to a good leveling build for a mage :blink:
The only thing that seems for shure, is that it's good to have some points in arcane (I would probably redistribute a couple of points to have 2/2 in improved counterspell, since I think it's quite handy to be able to totally silence your target), but when it comes to frost vs. fire I'm not at all shure.
I've heard from some that fire is the way to go due to bigger DPS (but on the negative side, also higher mana usage) so that you can take down the mobs you are fighting faster, and on the other side I've heard that frost is really good with all it's slowing abilities so that you're able to handle bigger groups (more than 1-2) easier...?
Would somebody care to enlighten me?
Since frost freezes targets and then gets a 50% crit rate against frozen mobs with the right talents i found it actualy better for leveling then a fire build. You make more dmg, and have a lot more control, on the downside you dont get the not lose cast time while beeing hit thing, so you rely on frost nova and mana shield untill you get the ice shield.
Yes, shatter (+50% crit vs frozen target) and winter's chill (+2-10% crit) are very nice for leveling.
I'm level 35 with my mage now and I got and average crit change of 25% because of shatter alone (according to damage meters).
You can kill most mobs before they reach you :biggrin: . And if they do reach you, nova + one frostbolt should be enough to finish them off.
It's pretty mana efficient to, compared to my pre-patch fire build.
Solo shatter tip: The frozen effect only lasts 5 seconds (frost nova is an exception ofc), this only allows you to hit the frozen target with one frostbolt, the second will be slightly to late. Cast a frostbolt + fireblast on the target instead. You will have a change that both spells crit. The fireblast hits first and does less damage then a frostbolt so it is less likely to break the effect prematurely.