Dead Men Walking

Old Server Admin Section => SOG Archive => SOG War Room => Silver Oak Guardians => Archived Topics => The Clean Up => Topic started by: TeaLeaf on August 24, 2006, 08:26:52 AM

Title: Quick Question - Which Other Games Do You Play?
Post by: TeaLeaf on August 24, 2006, 08:26:52 AM
With the realm being offline for a period I thought this an excellent opportunity to do some market research.  So, when you're not playing WoW, which other games do you play?

Personally I tend to default to Counterstrike:CZ or Counterstrike:Source as it's quick and easy to jump in and out of, but which other onl;ine games are being played by WoW'ers?

TL.
Title: Quick Question - Which Other Games Do You Play?
Post by: Deadlyspirit on August 24, 2006, 08:39:08 AM
Now and then I play Risk Your Life 2. another online MMORPG.

But when not online. Mostly things like warcraft 3 or N4S.
Title: Quick Question - Which Other Games Do You Play?
Post by: sheepy on August 24, 2006, 08:41:52 AM
CZ or BF2
Title: Quick Question - Which Other Games Do You Play?
Post by: Keltor on August 24, 2006, 08:59:07 AM
CZ..altho my mouse is half broken and i suck at it
Title: Quick Question - Which Other Games Do You Play?
Post by: Bastet on August 24, 2006, 08:59:57 AM
Depends heavyly on what games are hot, i currently have BW2 expension laying arround waiting for some attention. Other then that i sometimes play CSS on the -=[VIA]=- servers, since dMw seams mostly empty at the times i play :happy:
Title: Quick Question - Which Other Games Do You Play?
Post by: Anonymous on August 24, 2006, 09:04:50 AM
There are OTHER games :blink:
 
Well I play CZ, BF2, LFS, GRAW, FEAR, Far Cry, Tomb Raider and anything else that gets me out of doing the washing up :devil:
Title: Quick Question - Which Other Games Do You Play?
Post by: Knabbel on August 24, 2006, 09:10:35 AM
I play RL..... it's kinda hard but it's something that needs to be done. I don't mind working it just takes so much of my free time....
 
But ontopic.. ehhh...I want to try Titan Quest....
 
D.
Title: Quick Question - Which Other Games Do You Play?
Post by: Thierry on August 24, 2006, 09:10:48 AM
Nothing =/ GIB WoW ffs >_<...ZzZz.
 
But if i have to, i play Fifa..
Title: Quick Question - Which Other Games Do You Play?
Post by: Ubar on August 24, 2006, 09:16:09 AM
played many games in the past, now only WoW... (and sometimes Port Royale 2).
 
Ubar
Title: Quick Question - Which Other Games Do You Play?
Post by: saori on August 24, 2006, 09:32:37 AM
Well, for my the only online game i play is WoW, and when WoW is down and i can have some spare time, i like a lot to play Final Fantasy series (from 7 to X-2), although i didnt tried FF11 Online, this was a present for my birthday 2 years ago but i refund it because i didnt want to spent the monthly fee for laying, and then WoW arrived.... :)
 
Final Fantasy series, Gran Turismo Series (specially GT4), Tomb Raider, Resident Evil, Quake, Worms!!!
 
And i get a hard grip on my xbox Snex9x emulator and MAME one!!!!:devil:
Title: Quick Question - Which Other Games Do You Play?
Post by: Nefrion on August 24, 2006, 09:40:18 AM
I hardly play anything else than WoW.
 
When the server is down or I get owned so hard in PVP that I have to take a break so I wond end up like the angry german kid :blink:  I play HOMM5, Little Big Adventure 1+2.
 
But usually when I am in queue for PVP I sit back and watch a some episodes of Futurama, Family Guy or American Dad
Title: Quick Question - Which Other Games Do You Play?
Post by: Nefrion on August 24, 2006, 09:45:26 AM
Quote from: saori;145439... i like a lot to play Final Fantasy series (from 7 to X-2),
And i get a hard grip on my xbox Snex9x emulator and MAME one!!!!:devil:

:rockon:
Final Fantasy 7 and 8 is probably the best games ever made. They have so much content. I played FF8 on my playstation some years ago. Just sat in my room. some days in my summer holidays I played almost 20hours a day! That game was more addictive than wow!
 
My God I feel like playing FF right now
Title: Quick Question - Which Other Games Do You Play?
Post by: Devout on August 24, 2006, 10:01:36 AM
Played a whole lot of other games before wow, but not anymore. did try a game for like a half year ago but comparing to wow it was nothing close. I shut it down after an hour.
 
well playing a horde, you might say that is another game lol
Title: Quick Question - Which Other Games Do You Play?
Post by: Adularena on August 24, 2006, 10:39:40 AM
When I dont play WoW I tend to fire up som snes or other emulators, preferably arcade games that I used wast amounts of coins on during my stays in Japan as a kid.
 
Now and then I bring a packet of fags and go to the local aarcade and play the Metal Slug series.
 
Mostly I play Dragon quest 5 on Ps2, It is japanese so when I encounter some symbols I havent mastered it is a pain in the ass because I can miss out on important information. The Dragon Quest series are not as popular as the Final fantasy series outside of Japan, but it is Square enix!
 
I will be returning to Battlefield when I get the cds I shipped in a big crate by searout , slooow :S
Title: Quick Question - Which Other Games Do You Play?
Post by: Carr0t on August 24, 2006, 10:46:04 AM
As several people have already said, I used to play a whole lot of other games before now, but now it's pretty much WoW whenever i'm gaming. I still keep planning to jump back on the DMW BF2 server, I just never get around to it, because whenever my mates won't be on WoW I, like them, have Real Life (tm) things to do.

I also have a copy of Prey lying around, which I bought when it came out, and which generally sits in the background while i'm playing WoW, then during long Gryphon flights or whatever I task switch to Prey and play a section of that (FPS games with little plot are great for short sharp explosive intervals), then task switch back when I reckon the Gryphon flight should have finished. On the plus side this means that it's lasted me a lot longer than the 3 or 4 days that an average FPS game does.

The next thing I plan on getting (and will actually play for extended periods of time) is C&C 3. Kane is back!
Title: Quick Question - Which Other Games Do You Play?
Post by: Umbra on August 24, 2006, 10:48:46 AM
PC: BF2, FFXI, Oblivion, WH40K, NFSU2, Q4
XBox: Otogi2, NFS:MW, all metal slugs via emu, anything on mame, snes9x, uae
PS2: FF series 1 to X-2

pretty much anything and everything till i complete it, then only FF games bring me back again. mate has dragonquest, looks nice, gimme
Title: Quick Question - Which Other Games Do You Play?
Post by: Mazii on August 24, 2006, 11:35:30 AM
I play no other game.
Title: Quick Question - Which Other Games Do You Play?
Post by: Mjolner on August 24, 2006, 01:31:16 PM
Online: Nothing but WoW.

other: lately nothing, but i'm looking forward to "Hellgate: London".
Title: Quick Question - Which Other Games Do You Play?
Post by: Shadowsong on August 24, 2006, 03:20:54 PM
If realms are down.
 
Usualy Warcraft III : The Frozen Throne.
(sometimes running a extremely laggy private wow server...but it suck)
 
Or do some retro-gaming, Transport Tycoon Deluxe, One Must Fall, Doom.
 
Or PS2, Devil May Cry (1 or 3), Timesplitters 2.8)
Title: Quick Question - Which Other Games Do You Play?
Post by: Gorion on August 24, 2006, 05:55:09 PM
i mostly go to sleep early, for a change
Title: Quick Question - Which Other Games Do You Play?
Post by: Sebas on August 24, 2006, 10:17:25 PM
Besides WoW, Oblivion for me, it is the game which comes closest to bringing books like Magician and Wheels of Time alive for me.
Title: Quick Question - Which Other Games Do You Play?
Post by: Bob on August 24, 2006, 10:41:36 PM
If the servers are down, I use some time to browse the forums, look for add-on updates and so on, and I also try to do some none-computer related stuff for a change as well :happy:

If I still feel a bit like gaming, I've been playing a bit of Armadillo Run (http://www.armadillorun.com/) lately - it's a genious game, which a friend of mine described quite nice as "Every engineers wet dream", which I must say is actually very fitting :narnar:
For those of you that remember, it can remind you a bit about the old classic The Incredible Machine (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Incredible_Machine), only that you're very realisticly bound to the laws of physics when you're solving each level!
Title: Quick Question - Which Other Games Do You Play?
Post by: Yrthal on August 24, 2006, 10:46:33 PM
Did play alot Counterstrike 1.6 even played in a leauge now just play for fun and some Shot-Online golf :D
Title: Quick Question - Which Other Games Do You Play?
Post by: Vargen on August 25, 2006, 10:22:06 AM
BF2 is the only other online game atm. Sometimes play a little C&C Generals for old times sake :happy:
Title: Quick Question - Which Other Games Do You Play?
Post by: Torir on August 25, 2006, 05:34:46 PM
I don't play any other games online, but I do play quite a few games offline :smile:.

PC: Oblivion
PSOne: Suikoden 1+2, Star Ocean 2, Breath of Fire 3, FF1-9 (mainly 7)
PS2: Suikoden 4, Dynasty Warriors 5, Disgaea, FFX+X-2
Gamecube: Tales of Symphonia
PSP: Tales of Eternia

I do have Dragon Quest, but I have to admit that with all the raiding and work I've been doing lately, I haven't actually had time to play it yet :tongue:
Title: Quick Question - Which Other Games Do You Play?
Post by: Bunfur on August 26, 2006, 03:15:34 AM
well i still play some CZ from time to time. my CZ nick is [+35]PITBULL[Wa] if you want to play some CZ, mainly play on |Conquer| servers, here is some IP's : #1 81.7.171.241:27015 , #2 81.7.171.241:27016.
 
You can add me to Friendlist if you want, stef_fen@hotmail.com (stef_fen@hotmail.com)
 
since my post i changed clan, my new nick is |Conquer|Pitbull
Title: Quick Question - Which Other Games Do You Play?
Post by: Gorion on August 26, 2006, 01:07:56 PM
bunfur play on the dmw servers, theyre quite nice :P
Title: Quick Question - Which Other Games Do You Play?
Post by: Claw on August 26, 2006, 01:28:46 PM
i play:

WoW
CS
CS:CZ
CS:CSS
DOD:source

and some other crap games

//claw
Title: Quick Question - Which Other Games Do You Play?
Post by: gijs on August 26, 2006, 04:29:31 PM
I play:
 
RTS:           LotR2 & Act of War
3D shooter:  BF2,Quake4 & Halflife 2
Racing:        NFS Most Wanted,Track mania nations & FLat Out 2
 
I do have at least 1 night every 2 weeks that i play 1 of the games above. For some reason i cant get a good friend of mine interested in WoW so when he visites we play other games. It a nice way to keep interests up for WoW.
 
Regards,
Title: Quick Question - Which Other Games Do You Play?
Post by: TeaLeaf on August 26, 2006, 04:44:31 PM
Just started to play some CS:S again on the dMw servers and I have to say it has improved hugely since it's initial release.  Very onjoyable, I've been playing on the -=[dMw]=-Boomer server with Bastet and its been real fun :)

TL.
Title: Quick Question - Which Other Games Do You Play?
Post by: Bastet on August 26, 2006, 04:59:23 PM
Allthough TL needs to brush up on his skills, hes a tad rusty :tongue:
Title: Quick Question - Which Other Games Do You Play?
Post by: Sheperdbook on August 27, 2006, 04:22:47 PM
Have to say I generally play other games to get away from all the idiots on mmorpg's lol.

I play some Civ4 with other peeps, though I'm slowly getting a little tired of that.

I also enjoy Oblivion, Rome and Medieval Total War, Warhammer 40,000 Dawn of War and Minesweeper :tongue:.

Shep
Title: Quick Question - Which Other Games Do You Play?
Post by: Sazgul on August 28, 2006, 05:18:10 PM
Hmm wha? Other games.....:blink:
 
:biggrin:  - I often find myself clicking the WoW icon as soon as my pc has bootet, and im hooked for the evening.
 
But have been wanting to try out BF2. Otherwise i've BEEN playing Civ3-4 what great games, and some HL2
Title: Quick Question - Which Other Games Do You Play?
Post by: saori on August 30, 2006, 04:41:45 PM
please, those that enjoy Final Fantasy check this, this stuff is really crazy! LoL!!! i love this guys!!!
 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNzFE8rNPQU
Title: Quick Question - Which Other Games Do You Play?
Post by: Adularena on August 30, 2006, 05:10:29 PM
LOL! what a bunch of ppl!
 
Do they love the game or hate it?! lol.
 
Btw, when the guy with the automatic rifle steps forward, 2 metres from the enemy, fires off some rounds, and "Miss" pops up, LOL! it brings back memories, Thanks Saori!:D
Title: Quick Question - Which Other Games Do You Play?
Post by: Demon on September 02, 2006, 11:05:28 AM
here are a list of games i play.

Pc

Wow - Ofc
counterstike source
Teamfortress source
Football manager series

Ps2

Fight Night (boxing game)
Iss pro's Series
Formula 1 Series

Thats about it
like my sport games on my console coz i have a big tv :)

And pc games rule for shooters + ofc wow :)
Title: Quick Question - Which Other Games Do You Play?
Post by: Champspire on September 05, 2006, 08:16:13 PM
City of Villains, and going to play Lineage 2 soonish with some friends for a bit.
Some xbox games.
Title: Quick Question - Which Other Games Do You Play?
Post by: Grimnar on September 05, 2006, 08:26:22 PM
WoW
CS:S
CS:CZ
Dark Star One
 
That are the games that i play the last few days.
Title: Quick Question - Which Other Games Do You Play?
Post by: Sebas on September 05, 2006, 10:01:44 PM
I just bought GT Legends, the demo got me excited for more so I just bought the game :happy: Its an awesome game if you like to really test your drivings skills and not like NFS which is giving some throttle and an occasional steering :tongue: