Dead Men Walking

dMw Chit Chat => The Beer Bar => It's my Birthday! => Topic started by: Le Rouge on October 19, 2006, 08:07:19 PM

Title: Florence here I come
Post by: Le Rouge on October 19, 2006, 08:07:19 PM
I'll be visitng Florence, Italy, from tonight, together with my wife. We booked a nice hotel, so I hope we will enjoy the trip. Anyhow, I won't be joining the Friday night CSS ritual, which saddens me :-(
Title: Florence here I come
Post by: DuVeL on October 19, 2006, 11:22:52 PM
Dude, I hope you have an excellent time, especially after what happend in your country.
 
Have fun m8...
Title: Florence here I come
Post by: Jamoe on October 20, 2006, 08:53:57 AM
I love Florence, I was only there for a day but its a beautiful place. I want to go back to Tuscany someday and spend mroe time there. :)

Have a great time. :D
Title: Florence here I come
Post by: Cadaver on October 20, 2006, 11:32:53 AM
Lovely city.  SWMBO and I spent four days of our Italian holiday there a couple of years ago.  We stayed in a little hotel on the Piazza Duomo.  You'll see plenty just wandering around the place, but watch out for the mad scooter riders.

The Uffizi and the Duomo were highlights for me although, given I'm no art buff, I did feel a little Renaissance'd out afterwards.

If you like ice cream Vivoli's (Via Isola delle Stinche 7), is well worth trying to find. :)
Title: Florence here I come
Post by: King on October 21, 2006, 02:35:51 PM
Quote from: DuVeL;157542Dude, I hope you have an excellent time, especially after what happend in your country.
 
Have fun m8...

 
The same here m8
 hope you have a good one:clap:
Title: Florence here I come
Post by: da_Ricci on October 22, 2006, 11:19:19 AM
If you like ice cream Vivoli's (Via Isola delle Stinche 7), is well worth trying to find. :)[/quote]
 
lovely ice cream in Italy real nice i love it:thumb:
Have fun :byebye:
Title: Florence here I come
Post by: Le Rouge on October 24, 2006, 09:59:40 PM
Well, it was real nice and I add two pics to prove that :-)
 
Thanks for the ice cream recommendations, now we have to go again to try it (and to buy my wife some more shoes/clothes)...
 
Naturally, I also visited the Uffizi but was quite disappointed. Academia was much more interesting to me, and especially the Science Museum, which is absolutely awesome, geeks or not. The lovely ladies (lovely and smart, btw, a real place to hook up with a good looking Italian scientist :-) )there perform some of the old science experiments, like velocity and acceleration experiments done by Galileo, and etc.
 
They also demonstrate producing elctricity from static electricity machines, operated in the 16th century, if I remember right. One of the uses for such a machine was for ladies who sat near it, literally charged themselves, and then kissed their lovers with a "sparkle". :dribble:
 
(http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/1171/raincb7.jpg)
 
 
(http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/9855/duomogs5.jpg)
Title: Florence here I come
Post by: Blunt on October 24, 2006, 11:06:04 PM
Glad you had a great time.:thumbsup2:

Nice pictures....

No.1 is Karkand2

No.2 is Legoland

:winkiss2: