Dates for LAN XI are now confirmed. The same hotel is being used for the LAN and people travelling from outside the UK can book places early to allow flights etc to be purchased.
Read the announcement here (http://www.deadmen.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=160421#post160421).
TL.
Uuh.. I might consider going this time :g: Gotta look into some stuff and such, but I might go :)
i'll consider coming this time... gotta look at times / dates / money but it might just happen
well ill definatly b there.
If i can get off work ill go. Then we can celebrate my test for completed apprenticeship aswell. (dont know if this brings out what i had in mind but best way i could translate it :P)vv
Money isent that much of an issue :D
Well it might be fun attending one of these famous lans :)
but me beeing the poor student and everything, what abouts would a meeting like this put one back?
3 day stay + average expenses for food and connection to lan / whatnot
not counting transportation such as ticket/petrol
gimme something to aim for ? :)
Quote from: Marduk;160501Well it might be fun attending one of these famous lans :)
but me beeing the poor student and everything, what abouts would a meeting like this put one back?
3 day stay + average expenses for food and connection to lan / whatnot
not counting transportation such as ticket/petrol
gimme something to aim for ? :)
I attended LAN X (was from 6th to 8th October), and it actually didn't cost me too much.
I travelled from Trondheim via Oslo to London (Heathrow) with plane, got picked up at Heathrow by BigFatCat, slept (had a double room all for myself) and ate (dinner at the hotels resturant, good breakfast and so on) at the hotel all weekend, and not to mention all the alcohol that was consumed :cheers:
All in all, I spent aprox 5000 NOK, which would be about 400 GBP, and that is well spent money if you ask me.
It was a weekend with a great deal of fun, and I really hope I'll be able to make LAN XI as well :D
Only thing that might possibly stop me, is that the date perhaps is a bit
too close to my exam period next summer :sideways:
Thx for the info Bob.. Ill start saving in case Ill be showing up :)
as another guide I would say that I spend on average £200 on the lan's this would be a good estimate without any travel.
(http://content.crazyphotos.com/19174Computer_Geek-med.jpg)
i reserved my spot :roflmao:
Quote from: noevra;160659(http://content.crazyphotos.com/19174Computer_Geek-med.jpg)
i reserved my spot :roflmao:
Cool burger :)
Any other SOGers who sign up ought to write it here aswell :)
hmm, ryanair have just begun operating from malta... 200 euros for the flights... welle see...