Carrack

Started by TeaLeaf, October 03, 2014, 06:26:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sulky_uk

i thought the same!

I came into this world with nothing,
through careful management I\'ve got most of it left.

Obsydian

If you didn’t watch the CitizenCon livestream, then you missed a **** ton of good stuff that’s coming in 3.8 and later, not to mention an absolutely amazing presentation by Tony Zurovec on Quantum - the back end system that will control the NPC-driven economy - probably the most amazing panel of the day for me as it shows not only where they’re going, but also what they have been spending a huge amount of time on, and shows (me) that they’re doing this whole game “right”.

Coming is 3.8:
SSOCS v1
Planetary System v4
Personal Persistence (no more wipes unless an update demands it)
New planet: Micro tech
New landing zone: New Babbage (you gotta see it!)
Dynamic weather system
New Star Marine game mode “Theatres of War”
Group Systems improvements

Ill link the keynote videos in a separate thread.

in the meantime...welcome to Pyro!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]5165[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]5166[/ATTACH]
(that’s Ruin Station in the background)

OldBloke

QuoteThe Carrack comes with two additional free craft - Anvil's own specially designed Pisces snub, and an RSI Ursa Rover.

Pisces Expedition Conversion Kit purchased :D

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5167[/ATTACH]
"War without end. Well, what was history if not that? And how would having the stars change anything?" - James S. A. Corey

albert

Look what just popped up in me hangar!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5215[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]5216[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]5217[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]5218[/ATTACH]
I spent an hour, just getting around it and checking out the basic features. It's pretty big. most importantly, I didn't encounter a silly bug or fall through, things that didn't work, nothing whatsoever so far!
Cheers, Bert

OldBloke

:dribble::dribble::dribble:
"War without end. Well, what was history if not that? And how would having the stars change anything?" - James S. A. Corey

Galatoni

I gave it a run about last night in arena commander. It's definitely big. Anyone fancy running a few missions maybe Sunday night?
"Forewarned is forearmed"

albert

Sure, not very knowledgeable on the current state so would like to reacquaint.
Cheers, Bert

Galatoni

I'm not much better. But at least we can get a few of us and have a play around. I've got the upgraded launch as well as the standard one, so can have a play with the mechanics of that as well.

All are welcome if people want to see the state of play. Can anyone stream?

albert

I have to admit, I'm failing to see the need for a Carrack in my account. So I will probably put that up for sale on the SC Trading pages on Reddit. The funds from that would enable me to invest in a number of other ships I feel would enhance my enjoymnet and suit my style of play. Losing the Pisces is the biggest issue but I'll survive.
Cheers, Bert

Galatoni

That's a real shame. I feel the ship is far from finished and we've not got half the mechanics in yet.

albert

Quote from: Galatoni;442002That's a real shame. I feel the ship is far from finished and we've not got half the mechanics in yet.

Aye but I just can't see me getting 2 people playing with me often enough, far less 5 to properly crew the ship. Not that we don't have the people or dedication.  I mean we have quite a few Carracks, and other large ships besides. So there's no chance that even a fraction of ships will be used with the right crew numbers on a regular basis, it'll always be NPCs manning the stations.

They sell for $500 LTI with the CX8/Rover and that's a cheap price, I could restock with 3-5 new smaller ships that I would actually use for that sort of cash.
Cheers, Bert