F1 2016 season

Started by Sneakytiger, March 19, 2016, 11:55:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TeaLeaf

Quote from: Jean TodtQ1 and Q2 gave us exactly what we expected
Jean must have been watching the wrong channel on his TV. Muppet.

Another horribly boring qualifying session with large percentages of track time with nobody on track. Was it predictable? Yes. Could it have been avoided? Yes. Will Jean Todt come to his senses? Who knows.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
TL.
Wisdom doesn\'t necessarily come with age. Sometimes age just shows up all by itself.  (Tom Wilson)
Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships. (Michael Jordan)

TeaLeaf

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/35954305
Quote from: BBC Andrew BensonFormula 1 bosses have failed to agree on a new format for qualifying after a meeting at the Bahrain Grand Prix.

Teams discussed the failure of the new elimination format with F1 commercial boss Bernie Ecclestone and Jean Todt, president of governing body, the FIA.

Mercedes F1 boss Toto Wolff said Todt and Ecclestone refused to revert to the 2015 system despite teams' wishes to do so.

An entirely new system proposed by the FIA will be discussed again next week.

And who said the monkeys don't run the show?   The public want it reverted to avoid the abysmal mess that the current format is, the teams all want it reverted, the drivers all want it reverted, but Todt and Eccelstone don't.

The idiots are running the  asylum.
TL.
Wisdom doesn\'t necessarily come with age. Sometimes age just shows up all by itself.  (Tom Wilson)
Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships. (Michael Jordan)

Michelanio

Quote from: TeaLeaf;411982The idiots are running the  asylum.

Yep that is totally true, really hope they come to their senses but I highly doubt it sadly :/
Maybe there\'s something to be said for being different. We are who we are. What more could we ask for?

TeaLeaf

I am reading that the preferred Todt/Ecclestone proposal is an average lap time for pole position?  

WTH?

Seriously. F1 qualifying is about the being the fastest, not the best average. Pole could go to someone who was not fastest under the Todt/Ecclestone disaster proposal.

TL.

TeaLeaf

Corner 1 apex. Lap 1.

Anyone else see what looked like a brake test from the leader?  

TL.

JonnyAppleSeed

I was thinking that also. The wrong guy got the drive through :taz:
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion

TeaLeaf

I believe he was remembering 2014 and how he was overtaken two years ago.  Still, it wasn't very British......
TL.

TeaLeaf

Today, all eleven F1 teams rejected the 'hybrid qualifying proposal' in favour of returning to the 2015 style of qualifying.  Their letter was submitted to CVC, Bernie & Jean.  Let's see what they cook up next.  I'm expecting something where perhaps they have to change to a competitor's car between laps and then take an average their 2nd best lap time and the Formula 3 pole lap from the previous season.  

That'll be more exciting.  Yeah, that should do it. :getmecoat:
TL.

suicidal_monkey

bring on the weaponised robot racecars :flirty:
[SIGPIC].[/SIGPIC]

TeaLeaf

An onboard lap of the new Baku city circuit.  It looks like the race will be awesome if they can handle all the bumps!

TL.

sulky_uk

Very very cool...surprised the castle wall isn't protected

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I came into this world with nothing,
through careful management I\'ve got most of it left.

TwoBad

Very cool indeed

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3655[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]3656[/ATTACH]
The Battle of Damnation Alley, 25th January 2015
\'You are hereby awarded the Military Cross, posthumously, for an act of exemplary gallantry during active operations against the enemy on land.\'
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

OldBloke

Well. Wasn't expecting that :blink:
"War without end. Well, what was history if not that? And how would having the stars change anything?" - James S. A. Corey

Tutonic

Quote from: OldBloke;420040Well. Wasn't expecting that :blink:

Gentleman's agreement with Merc, whereby they provided him with the best mechanic team & hampered LH in order for him to win it this year, provided he agree to retire at the end of the season.

Hero of the Battle Of Chalkeia
"Don\'t worry, none of this blood is mine"

albert

Or maybe it was more than he could stand. Surely his earning potential is at a max now. Bit of a bad time to jack it in.

Sent from my LG-H962 using Tapatalk
Cheers, Bert