dMw @ Great British Beer Festival 2017 - Friday 11th August

Started by Gortex, May 16, 2017, 06:09:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gortex

That time again for those few dMw members brave enough to put body and sole on the line in aid of great beer and cider. :cheers:

As usual we will be aiming for the Friday (11th August) of the festival as this reduces the number of days needed to be taken off work and allows for the healing of sore heads and possibly bodies over the weekend :woot2::woot2::woot2:

For those also attending the October 2017 Lan we are also looking for some new taster beers or a possible keg or 2, so your presence and input would be valuable providing you remember what you drank.. :doh:

Tickets are on sale now. Tickets - £11 pre-booked or £14 on the door if any left, also if your a CAMRA member then there is additional discount. Includes a free program. Follow link below to ticket site and further information.

https://www.gbbf.org.uk/

Interested in Attending:

Gortex +1 - Ticket brought and confirmed.
Suicidal_Monkey
Chaosphere
Penfold
Smilodon
Albert
"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." "Never explain anything."

suicidal_monkey

[SIGPIC].[/SIGPIC]

Penfold

We are back in the homeland then so I'd love to come. Just going to be dependent on work after a week away but I hope so. :thumbsup2:
PEN
(Formerly: ThePENDRAGON)

Chaosphere

I'm keen this year as I won't be working. Will have to look into prices for trains though..as I won't be working xD
All our Gods have abandoned us.

smilodon

As with Pen it will depend on work but I'll come if I can, not far on the train for me.
smilodon
Whatever's gone wrong it's not my fault.

Gortex

Great we also need someone to help look after Pen as tasting both Cider and Beer is a dangerous path to tread.
"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." "Never explain anything."

albert

I'd love to come over for this. It's been 5 years since last went to the GBBF. I need a work excuse to be in London.
Cheers, Bert

Penfold

Quote from: Gortex;423325Great we also need someone to help look after Pen as tasting both Cider and Beer is a dangerous path to tread.

Umm actually ....... no, you're right. :doh:
PEN

TeaLeaf

This is going to be a disastrous week.  BBQ on the previous weekend, Beer Festival on the Friday, then my daughter's wedding on the Monday.

This, is most definitely going to get messy.......

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
TL.
Wisdom doesn\'t necessarily come with age. Sometimes age just shows up all by itself.  (Tom Wilson)
Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships. (Michael Jordan)

Penfold

PEN

TeaLeaf

Quote from: Penfold;423335Yay. Chuffed the big fella's coming. :yahoo:
He's having second thoughts now, BBQ the weekend before and daughter's wedding on the Monday after, so a beer fest on the Friday in between might prove a challenge too far.  We'll see how I feel nearer the time!
TL.
Wisdom doesn\'t necessarily come with age. Sometimes age just shows up all by itself.  (Tom Wilson)
Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships. (Michael Jordan)

suicidal_monkey

No weedling out! Think of it like the Father of the bride's version of a stag do :P
[SIGPIC].[/SIGPIC]

Penfold

He's note the only one I'm afraid.

We go away next week and I'm kinda vacillating as it will seriously depend on how much work I have upon my return.

Would love to come but I'm going to have to leave it open.
PEN

albert

Quote from: TeaLeaf;423657He's having second thoughts now, BBQ the weekend before and daughter's wedding on the Monday after, so a beer fest on the Friday in between might prove a challenge too far.  We'll see how I feel nearer the time!

You could look at it 2 ways. 1) Be around and sober for the final touches to the wedding preparation, regular panic, emotional roller coaster, being everybody's gofer, but highly appreciated. or 2) Know you will be just be in the way and best to get out of dodge for the day, just try not to roll back home so legless you sleep on the dress!

Also isn't it just Dad's job to pay, not to actually do anything (other than arrange any special booze he needs for the event!)?
Cheers, Bert

Penfold

You all still up for this?

I'll be arriving at lunchtime
PEN