dMw @ Great British Beer Festival 2017 - Friday 11th August

Started by Gortex, May 16, 2017, 06:09:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suicidal_monkey

Quote from: Penfold;425641You all still up for this?

I'll be arriving at lunchtime
Excellent! Someone to lead the cider and perry tasting efforts :D

Might try for a downstairs table if we can find one this year?
[SIGPIC].[/SIGPIC]

BrotherTobious

"It's hard, but not as hard as Arma!!!" Tutonic
"Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil... prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon.." Terry Pratchett

suicidal_monkey

Quote from: BrotherTobious;425648Don't forget the wine carry cases guys
Well remembered - does anyone (going to the festival) have one? :)
[SIGPIC].[/SIGPIC]

Gortex

Not with me but will see if one can be obtained in London town.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." "Never explain anything."

Penfold

I have one.

If anyone else brings one it's useful to tape up the bottom a little.
PEN
(Formerly: ThePENDRAGON)

Myopic Sniper

Quote from: Penfold;425641You all still up for this?

I'll be arriving at lunchtime
I'll see you all there!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

TeaLeaf

Have fun with this, I'm on 'wedding prep' duty, so I'm a bit gutted I won't be able to come along.    Find some good stuff for the LAN please!
TL.
Wisdom doesn\'t necessarily come with age. Sometimes age just shows up all by itself.  (Tom Wilson)
Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships. (Michael Jordan)

Gortex

Well the champion beer this year is called Goats Milk.

And I thought we were going to a beer festival..

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." "Never explain anything."

suicidal_monkey

Survivors diary hour 3: Jon went in search of the next beer. He's been gone a while now. We've eaten the remaining pork scratchings. No sign of the cider party. Beginning to think we might have to drink the water...
[SIGPIC].[/SIGPIC]

BrotherTobious

Standfast brother I would send out another lamb as you know what gortex sense of direction is like :)
"It's hard, but not as hard as Arma!!!" Tutonic
"Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil... prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon.." Terry Pratchett

Myopic Sniper

I found the party! I've also found cider. This is a good day!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Gortex

Returned from the other side of the venue with the beer and food.

For the complaining have sent monkey and pen on the epic trip to the far side of the venue... they might be some time.

Gortex

Now pen is eyeing up the Gin bar.

[emoji41]

suicidal_monkey

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4148[/ATTACH] cider testing underway
[SIGPIC].[/SIGPIC]

TeaLeaf

Damn you all, that looks way too much fun!

Wish I was there..... :sad:
TL.
Wisdom doesn\'t necessarily come with age. Sometimes age just shows up all by itself.  (Tom Wilson)
Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships. (Michael Jordan)