F1 Silverstone 2018

Started by TeaLeaf, October 02, 2017, 07:43:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TeaLeaf

I'm planning to visit the British Grand Prix again next year and considering the Friday 6th July 2018  ticket (because Friday represents much better value imho) and either the Brooklands Restaurant or the Silverstone Six hospitality option.    Is anyone interested in getting a dMw table together?

I did Brooklands Restaurant this year and it really was excellent.   Great view of the cars down the Wellington Straight, then braking into Brooklands, round Luffield 1, into Luffield 2 and then out of sight as they go into Woodcote.  

Silverstone Six looks a similar set up just based in a different part of the circuit, with views from the suites over the exit of Copse, entry into Maggots, Becketts, Chapel, as well as views of the Loop and Aintree if you go to the provided stand seating.

Both packages get VIP parking, breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and a complimentary bar throughout the day. The hospitality is a private suite which has tables of iirc 10 people (Brooklands Restaurant had 8 tables in a single row, so everyone was near the window, or could go out onto your balcony), with the breakfast available from 8.00am.  Both also get a giant screen on which you can see other track action and Silverstone radios & earpieces so you listen to the commentary throughout the day.  Photography opportunities are of course excellent.

Tickets would be about £198 for Brooklands Restaurant or £234 for Silverstone Six.  (those are the Friday prices, on race day they have risen to £1,314 per ticket!)

I was surprised at how much I enjoyed the hospitality option this year, and it made what is usually an immensely knackering day into something much more entertaining.   Let me know if you are interested and we'll see what we can do.
TL.
Wisdom doesn\'t necessarily come with age. Sometimes age just shows up all by itself.  (Tom Wilson)
Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships. (Michael Jordan)

TeaLeaf

I'm taking a group of 4 to the Silverstone Grand Prix this year and will be going to Brooklands Restaurant hospitality suite again.   I'll be buying the tickets some time over the Easter weekend.   The Grand Prix is 6th - 8th July and I'll be getting tickets for Friday 6th July, which as I said above is imho the best value ticket of the weekend.

Last call if you are interested!  

http://www.silverstone.co.uk/events/the-ultimate-formula-1-experience/

http://www.silverstone.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/2018BGP-Brooklands-Hospitality.pdf
TL.
Wisdom doesn\'t necessarily come with age. Sometimes age just shows up all by itself.  (Tom Wilson)
Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships. (Michael Jordan)

Michelanio

I'm actually going to see F1 on Silverstone this year. Me and my dad are flying over to the UK on Friday efternoon/evening and going to the track on Saturday and Sunday and flying back home on Monday. On Saturday we got a general admission ticket and on Sunday we are sitting at the farm grandstand.
Maybe there\'s something to be said for being different. We are who we are. What more could we ask for?

TeaLeaf

Farm is a nice spot as you see the direction change at the end of the straight.   Pity we miss each other, but I hope you both have a great weekend!  On the Saturday, try and get somewhere near Becketts if you can, the view of that corner and across Maggots, is absolutely stunning.
TL.

TeaLeaf

I decided to go for Brooklands Restaurant again so have now bought the 4 tickets for my group.  If anyone else wants to join me us then let me know and we can arrange to be on the same table (seats up to 10).
TL.

OldBloke

Sorry I can't be there. Have a great day, TL.
"War without end. Well, what was history if not that? And how would having the stars change anything?" - James S. A. Corey

TeaLeaf

Brilliant sunny day. Currently watching the historic masters qualifying, which is louder than the F1 cars!

F1 cars from the 1966-1985 era, run in historic livery and rev limited to 10,000rpm.
Absolutely brilliant to see all the old legends, Marlboro McLaren, John Player Special, Ligiers etc. Awesome.

Sent from my U_Pro using Tapatalk
TL.

smilodon

I need to go have a lie down.
smilodon
Whatever's gone wrong it's not my fault.

OldBloke

Quote from: smilodon;432775I need to go have a lie down.

You and me both. Phew!
"War without end. Well, what was history if not that? And how would having the stars change anything?" - James S. A. Corey

sulky_uk

Those last 10 laps..... wow

I came into this world with nothing,
through careful management I\'ve got most of it left.

Deminion

So, in france apparently they race like they drive on the streets.