dMw @ Great British Beer Festival 2018 - Friday 10th August

Started by Gortex, May 09, 2018, 01:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gortex

That time again for those few dMw members brave enough to put body and sole on the line in aid of great beer and cider. :cheers:

As usual we will be aiming for the Friday (10th August) of the 5 day festival as this reduces the number of days needed to be taken off work and allows for the healing of sore heads and possibly bodies over the weekend :taz:

For those also attending the October 2018 Lan we are also looking for some new taster beers and ciders to be sponsored at this event, so your presence and input would be valuable providing you remember what you drank..

Tickets are on sale now. Tickets - £11 pre-booked or £14 on the door if any left, also if your a CAMRA member then there is additional discount. Includes a free program. Follow link below to ticket site and further information.

Beer Joy

Interested in Attending:

Gortex +1
Tealeaf
Suicidal_Monkey
Chaos
GhostMjr
Dexterous
"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." "Never explain anything."

TeaLeaf

TL.
Wisdom doesn\'t necessarily come with age. Sometimes age just shows up all by itself.  (Tom Wilson)
Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships. (Michael Jordan)

Chaosphere

GhostMjr and I will be making an appearance :D

What time do people get there? I'll book a train.
All our Gods have abandoned us.

TeaLeaf

On Friday it opens from 12 noon-10:30pm.   I'll be there before 12.00pm and with a bit of luck I'll have an early entry ticket so that I can snag us a strategically positioned table from which we can send out our raiding parties.
TL.
Wisdom doesn\'t necessarily come with age. Sometimes age just shows up all by itself.  (Tom Wilson)
Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships. (Michael Jordan)

suicidal_monkey

[SIGPIC].[/SIGPIC]

Chaosphere

Quote from: TeaLeaf;431232On Friday it opens from 12 noon-10:30pm.   I'll be there before 12.00pm and with a bit of luck I'll have an early entry ticket so that I can snag us a strategically positioned table from which we can send out our raiding parties.

Sounds good, I will book my train!

Gortex

yep will be there for the start 12 mid-day to allow as much time for beer tasting, eating food and talking drunken rubbish.

Last year we tried out a new table location opposite the main stage on the ground floor which I think worked out really well. Got to see all the bands, auctions and events etc. Also most importantly closer to the bars :woot2:
"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." "Never explain anything."

Penfold

Quote from: Gortex;431237....Last year we tried out a new table location opposite the main stage on the ground floor which I think worked out really well. Got to see all the bands, auctions and events etc. Also most importantly closer to the bars :woot2:

Too close to the auction...... cannot resist buying crap, realising it's crap and handing it back to the auctioneer telling him I don't want it and he can auction it off again to someone else to raise more funds for CAMRA. :eyebrow:  Oh well good cause and all that plus I was slightly slaughtered.

I'd really love to come but will be several thousand miles away at the time. :sad:
PEN
(Formerly: ThePENDRAGON)

Gortex

Quote from: Penfold;431239Too close to the auction...... cannot resist buying crap, realising it's crap and handing it back to the auctioneer telling him I don't want it and he can auction it off again to someone else to raise more funds for CAMRA. :eyebrow:  Oh well good cause and all that plus I was slightly slaughtered.

I seem to remember you were the only one out of all of us who could not help bidding for the crap being sold. But yes I agree that we probably could aim for a table a little further back this time.

Penfold

Hah true. T'was only joking. I think we had a good spot. Nice to be in the thick of it.
PEN
(Formerly: ThePENDRAGON)

Dexterous

"This team composition is draining my will to live" - Fellow Overwatch Players

Gortex

A little over 3 weeks to go and beer, cider, gin and mead tasting will begin.

If anyone else interested in going, or planning to go with another group and want to meet up with us then let me know. Get your ticket purchased for the Friday 10th August.

Advanced party will be there from just before or dead on 12.00 midday to grab good seats and start the tasting. Layout plan of last year attached and we were located to the far left side opposite the stage last time (red circle) but I think this year we should aim for a little further back (green circle) which provides for easy access for beer, food and toilets close by.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4555[/ATTACH]

TeaLeaf

I should be in early again, I shall head in that direction.

Sent from my U_Pro using Tapatalk
TL.

Myopic Sniper

I'll be there with my usual crew, so I'll make a concerted effort to come and see you all :)

Chaosphere