dMw @ Great British Beer Festival 2018 - Friday 10th August

Started by Gortex, May 09, 2018, 01:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gorliath

I unfortunatley have another commitment so can't make it but if people are yet to get their tickets The Register are giving a 50% off code as well as a Competition for free entry.
https://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/07/20/camra_gbbf_competition/
Battle.net - Gorliath#2300 | Steam - Gorliath | Origin - Gorliath | Warframe - Gorliath | PSN - Gorliath | Xbox Live - Gorliath
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

TeaLeaf

T minus 9 days and counting.......

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4571[/ATTACH]
TL.
Wisdom doesn\'t necessarily come with age. Sometimes age just shows up all by itself.  (Tom Wilson)
Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships. (Michael Jordan)

TeaLeaf

T minus 8 days and counting.......

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4572[/ATTACH]
TL.
Wisdom doesn\'t necessarily come with age. Sometimes age just shows up all by itself.  (Tom Wilson)
Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships. (Michael Jordan)

TeaLeaf

T minus 7 days and counting.......

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4576[/ATTACH]

I wonder if the promotion is still on.....!
TL.

Gortex

Beautiful pictures these TL.

This time next week will be busy looking through the beer program and deciding what drink next will be, at the same time munching on pork scratchings.
"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." "Never explain anything."

OldBloke

Quote from: TeaLeaf;433362T minus 8 days and counting.......

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4572[/ATTACH]

Good luck, all.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4577[/ATTACH]
"War without end. Well, what was history if not that? And how would having the stars change anything?" - James S. A. Corey

TeaLeaf

Somehow I missed T minus six (pints) days, but I think the pictures says why.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4581[/ATTACH]

So here's T minus five days!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4582[/ATTACH]
TL.

TeaLeaf

T minus 4 days and counting......

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4583[/ATTACH]
TL.

TeaLeaf

I drank the 3 pints, so no picture for yesterday.  However here's a list of all the winners from this year's festival.  (today's 'picture' is at the bottom)

2018 Overall Winners (Brewery - Beer - Region)

Supreme Champion   Siren - Broken Dream Breakfast Stout   - Central Southern
Silver: Green Jack - Ripper   - East Anglia
Bronze:   Mordue - Workie Ticket - North East England

Milds
Gold   Greene King - XX Mild - East Anglia
Silver: Rhymney Brewery - Dark - Wales
Bronze: East London Brewing Co. -  Orchid - Greater London

Bitters
Gold   Orkney - Red MacGregor - Scotland & Northern Ireland
Silver: Mighty Oak - Captain Bob - East Anglia
Joint Bronze:   Bank Top - Flat Cap - Greater Manchester
Joint Bronze: Acorn -    Barnsley Bitter - Yorkshire

Best Bitters
Gold   Mordue - Workie Ticket   - North East England
Silver: - Bishop Nick - 1555 - East Anglia
Joint Bronze: - St Austell - Tribute - South West England
Joint Bronze: Salopian - Darwin’s Origin - West Midlands

Golden Ales
Gold   Salopian - Oracle - West Midlands
Silver: - Salopian - Hop Twister - West Midlands
Joint Bronze: Abbeydale - Moonshine - Yorkshire
Joint Bronze: Windsor & Eton - Knight of the Garter - Central Southern

Strong Bitters
Gold   The Dark Star Brewing Co. - Revelation - Surrey & Sussex
Silver: Bays - Devon Dumpling - South West England
Bronze: Kinver - Half Centurion - West Midlands

Speciality
Gold   Colchester - Brazilian Coffee & Vanilla Porter - East Anglia
Silver: Cromarty - Red Rocker - Scotland and Northern Ireland
Bronze: Derventio - Cleopatra - East Midlands

And now for today's 'picture':

T minus 2 pints/days and counting.......  choose your 2 pints from the beers & ciders and perries pictures below!

[pdf]https://www.gbbf.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/GBBF-2018-UK-Brewery-Bar-Beer-Listings-1.pdf[/pdf][pdf]https://www.gbbf.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/GBBF-2018-Cider-Perry-Listings.pdf[/pdf]
TL.

TeaLeaf

T minus one day.     See you all there tomorrow at 12.00pm.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4587[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]4588[/ATTACH]
TL.

smilodon

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4589[/ATTACH]

Here's your one glass of beer.
smilodon
Whatever's gone wrong it's not my fault.

TeaLeaf

And so it begins.......

Sent from my U_Pro using Tapatalk
TL.

Gortex

And so it all begins

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." "Never explain anything."

Gortex

Out comes the pork scratching and a winning beer with us. Lapwing by Bowman Brewery.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

TheDvEight

"Mira Mira on the wall who\'s the fairest of them all?" - Dickdastardly "it\'ll sting a lot" - Lesion