F1 Silverstone - 12 JULY 2019

Started by TeaLeaf, October 17, 2018, 09:51:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TeaLeaf

Tickets for F1 Silverstone 2019 are now out and I'm looking at some of the hospitality packages for the Friday again as they represent pretty decent value in my opinion.  The price of a hospitality ticket does not seem cheap, but the cheapest admission ticket alone is £50, and then you'd have to add the cost of parking, a programme and all and any food & drink costs you have during the day.   Doing by a general admission ticket would add up to a fair amount and you'd end up a heck of a sight closer than you think in total expenditure to the hospitality ticket price, but without the convenience of a private viewing area right next to the track, without a nice table to sit down at to rest/eat/drink/talk/escape from the noise or watch the TV screens, without a massive screen opposite your hospitality location to further assist your viewing experience, without Silverstone radios to listen to the commentary, and without the 'all you can eat & drink' approach to refreshments throughout the day.  Oh, and the hospitality parking areas are usually right next to the Copse circuit entrance (within 30 yards for me each of the last three years) and they shuttle you to your hospitality suite once you have walked through the Copse tunnel to the inside of the circuit.  So, all in all the hospitality package is pretty good value I think, given what you would otherwise spend.

In particular I'm looking at the Brooklands Restaurant (£175+VAT) and the Drivers Lounge (£199+VAT) packages.

If anyone is interested in making up a table then let me know.  I'll have 4 people going along, so there is plenty of room available if you wanted to join us.

http://www.silverstone.co.uk/events/the-ultimate-formula-1-experience/

The official Brooklands Restaurant Hospitality Package includes:

Trackside views from a dedicated balcony
Giant viewing screen
Private tables of 10, smaller numbers on a shared basis
All-day complimentary grazing menu
Complimentary bar (wines, beers and soft drinks)
Afternoon tea
Official Silverstone host
Complimentary shuttle transfer from Copse Tunnel
Car parking (1 space per 2 guests)
Personal Silverstone Radio
Official F1â,,¢ programme

The official Drivers’ Lounge Package includes:

Trackside views from adjoining terrace (between the world-famous Stowe and Club Corners)
Giant viewing screens â€" internal and external
Guest Compère, Jake Humphrey, on Saturday and Sunday
Driver and celebrity guest interviews
All day exquisite grazing menu
Complimentary bar (wines, beers and soft drinks)
Official Silverstone host
Car parking (1 space 2 per guests)
Complimentary shuttle transfer from Copse Tunnel
Official F1â,,¢ programme
Official radios

EDIT: I purchased tickets for the Drivers' Lounge.  If you want to attend then you can join the table by linking your purchase to mine, my customer reference is 000000559490.
TL.
Wisdom doesn\'t necessarily come with age. Sometimes age just shows up all by itself.  (Tom Wilson)
Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships. (Michael Jordan)

smilodon

My interest is very piqued. I've been wanting to come for the last few years, since the TL, Smilo and Oldie event of 20??. I'll need to speak to the significant other but provisionally I'd be up for either package. I'll know for sure in a day or two.
smilodon
Whatever's gone wrong it's not my fault.

OldBloke

Quote from: smilodon;435100My interest is very piqued. I've been wanting to come for the last few years, since the TL, Smilo and Oldie event of 20??. I'll need to speak to the significant other but provisionally I'd be up for either package. I'll know for sure in a day or two.

Me too :thumb:
"War without end. Well, what was history if not that? And how would having the stars change anything?" - James S. A. Corey

TeaLeaf

Awesome.   I pushed ahead and purchased my tickets this morning for Friday 12th July in the Drivers' Lounge hospitality.  

If you purchase then you can link your booking to mine using my name or customer reference 000000559490.

http://www.silverstone.co.uk/events/the-ultimate-formula-1-experience/

It's easiest to link the bookings so we end up on the same table by calling 0844 3728 230.

Let me know if you are coming along! ::racing:
TL.
Wisdom doesn\'t necessarily come with age. Sometimes age just shows up all by itself.  (Tom Wilson)
Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships. (Michael Jordan)

OldBloke

I'm in :D

I'll phone tomorrow to get my ticket linked to your party, TL.

A friend may also be joining us. I'll let you know soon.
"War without end. Well, what was history if not that? And how would having the stars change anything?" - James S. A. Corey

TeaLeaf

:thumbsup: should be a fantastic day! :racing:
TL.

smilodon

I'm going to pass I'm afraid. 2019 sees a wedding, a honeymoon and a new business venture all coming in quick succession. So every penny has to be justified right now. Maybe 2020 :D
smilodon

OldBloke

Quote from: OldBloke;435157I'm in :D

I'll phone tomorrow to get my ticket linked to your party, TL.

A friend may also be joining us. I'll let you know soon.

Ticket linked but just me as friend has declined.

TeaLeaf

Great news, I'll see you there!  Dex will be coming along too and another two family members.
TL.

OldBloke

TeaLeaf

I know I have a party of 4 going to the F1@Silverstone, I know Oldbloke is going too, but I wanted to check if anyone else was coming along as I'm starting to think about transport arrangements now.  If anyone else is going too then let me know please.
TL.

smilodon

I'm on ...I'm off.... I'm on again!

But I am going to have to miss this one. The wedding cleaned us out and I need to be sensible

So have a blast chaps  :thumbsup:
smilodon