dMw @ Great British Beer Festival 2019 - Friday 9th August

Started by Gortex, March 26, 2019, 02:29:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gortex

We are now officially in English Spring Time, and just like the sun going around the planet, so do the DMW members here the call of much beer and cider tasting. This can only mean the Great British Beer Festival is back on and needs the yearly pilgrimage made by the brave and foolish. :cheers:

As usual we will be aiming for the Friday (9th August) of the 5 day festival as this reduces the number of days needed to be taken off work and allows for the healing of sore heads and possibly bodies over the weekend. :norty:

For those also attending the October 2019 Lan we will also be looking for some new taster beers and ciders to be sponsored at this event, so your presence and input would be valuable providing you remember what you drank..

Tickets are on sale now. Tickets - £11 pre-booked or £14 on the door if any left, also if your a CAMRA member then there is additional discount. Includes a free program. Follow link below to ticket site and further information.

This year there is also again the VIP option which some of us tried last time and totally missed the VIP area until the end of the event (had nothing to do with how much we drank :doh:) and this is going for £39 a ticket and only 300 available for each day. For this you get program, glass, souvenirs, £15 beer tickets, separate entrance and separate / nicer drinking area with it's own music. If we do go VIP then act fast and let us know on the forum.

https://gbbf.org.uk/tickets/
Attending:

Gortex - VIP ticket
Smilodon - VIP ticket
Monkey - VIP ticket
Tea Leaf - VIP ticket
Dex - VIP ticket
"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." "Never explain anything."

albert

It's always a bigger decision for us foreigns given the travel commitment. But being a CAMRA member for years I really miss getting to attend the GBBF.

It would be good to know if the "norm" this time around will be a VIP pass.
Cheers, Bert

Gortex

QuoteIt would be good to know if the "norm" this time around will be a VIP pass.

VIP was a new thing last time around and we were not sure what it was. I think it depends on how much interest there in in VIP as those with out said ticket cant get into the same area. Open to peoples thoughts.
"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." "Never explain anything."

albert

Given the normally small group that goes to this, it might be feasible, but if a larger group were to go it would probably be unreasonable to expect everyone to fork out nearly 4x the ticket price. I'd do it in a heartbeat if I was sure I was coming over. I mean you get most of back in beer tokens anyways and I'm sure I'll be drink £15+ easily.
Cheers, Bert

suicidal_monkey

I'm very much game for VIP if others are doing it - I would have last time had I know in advance :narnar:
[SIGPIC].[/SIGPIC]

smilodon

Boom! Decision made.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4835[/ATTACH]

My insane reasoning

• Extra cost of VIP ticket over normal                       = £28.00
  • Beer vouchers which I'd spend anyway                  - £15.00
  • Extra cost = £13.00
  • Festival Glass                                                       - £3.00
  • Extra cost = £10.00
  • Value of not having to queue with the prolls          - £10.00
  • Extra cost =£0.00

WIN!

Plus the chance that the other dMw'ers else will grab a VIP ticket and we'll all be guaranteed some decent seating.

See you there.
smilodon
Whatever's gone wrong it's not my fault.

suicidal_monkey

Quote from: smilodon;437212Boom! Decision made.
See you there.
:withstupid::cheers:
[SIGPIC].[/SIGPIC]

TeaLeaf

Add me and Dex, we're both happy to try the VIP ticket. Now to go buy the tickets.

Edit: 2 x VIP tickets purchased.
TL.
Wisdom doesn\'t necessarily come with age. Sometimes age just shows up all by itself.  (Tom Wilson)
Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships. (Michael Jordan)

Gortex

QuoteMy insane reasoning

Extra cost of VIP ticket over normal = £28.00
    Beer vouchers which I'd spend anyway - £15.00
    Extra cost = £13.00
    Festival Glass - £3.00
    Extra cost = £10.00
    Value of not having to queue with the prolls - £10.00
    Extra cost =£0.00

When you put it that way it seems much less a hard choice. VIP ticket booked and will give Chris a kick.

Penfold

PEN
(Formerly: ThePENDRAGON)

TeaLeaf

And now we can see which real ales, international beers, ciders and perries will be available:

https://beerfinder.gbbf.org.uk/
TL.
Wisdom doesn\'t necessarily come with age. Sometimes age just shows up all by itself.  (Tom Wilson)
Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships. (Michael Jordan)

smilodon

I made a fairly conservative choice and apparently I have 245 beers to try next Friday

:blink:
smilodon
Whatever's gone wrong it's not my fault.

suicidal_monkey

Quote from: smilodon;438524245 beers to try next Friday

:blink:
:beer::cheers::3cheers:
[SIGPIC].[/SIGPIC]

TeaLeaf

Last call for the beer festival!

Friday 9th August 2019
Olympia London, Hammersmith Road, London, W14 8UX
12.00pm through to 10.30pm

See you all there at midday! :cheers:
TL.

Gortex

Not long now and in tradition of beer festival we have started a day earlier.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk