CitizenCon 2019 - Gameplay Demo

Started by Obsydian, November 24, 2019, 06:30:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Obsydian

Star Citizen Gameplay cut of their New CitizenCon 2019 Demo with the Carrack, Pisces, microTech, New Missions, Dynamic Weather, Jump Points and a New Star System, Pyro.

[video=youtube;e4MWOtJMXIc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4MWOtJMXIc[/video]

[FONT=&]Features for Update 3.8[/FONT]

• [FONT=&]SSOCS v1
  • [/FONT][/COLOR]
  • [FONT=&]Planet Tech v4
  • [/FONT][/COLOR]
  • [FONT=&]Platform Persistence
  • [/FONT][/COLOR]
  • [FONT=&]Mole (Straight to Flyable ship)
  • [/FONT][/COLOR]
  • [FONT=&]Anvil Pisces (Straight to Flyable ship)
  • [/FONT][/COLOR]
  • [FONT=&]Anvil Carrack (3.8.x)
  • [/FONT][/COLOR]
[FONT=&][/FONT]
[FONT=&]Features for 2020[/FONT]

• [FONT=&]Prison Gameplay
  • [/FONT][/COLOR]
  • [FONT=&]Dynamic. Weather
  • [/FONT][/COLOR]
  • [FONT=&]Full Server Persistence
  • [/FONT][/COLOR]
  • [FONT=&]Continuous Quality of Life improvements
  • [/FONT][/COLOR]
  • [FONT=&]Pyro System
  • [/FONT][/COLOR]
[FONT=&][/FONT]
[FONT=&]Features for 2021[/FONT]

• [FONT=&]Server Meshing[/FONT]

Chaosphere

QuoteFull Server Persistence

For someone who has paid little attention to Star Citizen over the last few years, is this the bit we are waiting for before we see communities like ours start to fully engage with the game, or is there something else?
All our Gods have abandoned us.

Jamoe

Quote from: Chaosphere;439928For someone who has paid little attention to Star Citizen over the last few years, is this the bit we are waiting for before we see communities like ours start to fully engage with the game, or is there something else?

My understanding is platform persistence (3.8) is going to stop the wipes between minor releases but major ones will still lead to wipes.

Full Server Persistence something coming towards the end of 2020. Source: various FB comments... so take that with a pinch of salt. I can't see anything about FSP on the road map (which only goes as far as Q2 2020), so perhaps end of 2020 is just a good guess.

Seems like we still have a year to wait before we dive in properly. That said, Theatres of War game mode looks interesting, I read somewhere it was an early 2020 release.