Racing community event

Started by uni, February 26, 2023, 10:59:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

uni

Hello all!

I have a racing wheel that I rarely use so am looking for an excuse to break it out more often so am going to put forward a suggestion for a little community competition/event(s). This is not restricted to just those with wheels, it's just I happen to have one and want to use it more. All the details are not finalised and I only have a rough idea of the type of thing to do but I welcome input!

I am thinking something along the lines of:
* A month long event where each week we have 1 track that everyone tries to set their fastest lap on
* At the end of the week, let's say Sunday evening, people post their best time to the forum and we see who has won that weeks track

There is no need for people to all be online at the same time to do this, people can do it in their own time. Hopefully it makes it easier and open to more people as we don't need to agree to a set schedule.

The game(s) and the tracks are up for discussion. I have quite a few racing games already so I don't mind what it is.
We could even say we try a different game each week, something like Asseto Corsa Competizione one week, Dirt 2 the following so we mix up the driving styles entirely.

Chaosphere

You might struggle with multiple games, if some just don't own some of the titles. Of course, they could still set times at the other games, but it makes it harder to pick a singular winner at the end of it all.

I'd join and play with my wheel (despite being useless with it!).

I might suggest Wreckfest too, as it actually works quite nicely with a wheel (for a more arcadey game - easier for the likes of me).

Sounds good!
All our Gods have abandoned us.

uni

The multiple game thing was just an idea I had whilst making the post. Figured if someone was really good at track racing then they'd likely win it all the time. By having different games/genres, it might open it up to more people. But as you say, it really depends on what games people have and if there is an appetite for it.

pesteh

I'd definitely be up for this. However, as Ben said, you may struggle to get the numbers.

eitherway.. sign me up, Scotty

smilodon

I've no wheel, just an Xbox controller but I'll give it a crack. :racing:
smilodon
Whatever's gone wrong it's not my fault.

uni

Hello!

I hadn't forgotten about this. I was ill for a little bit so it wasn't top of my priorities but still interested in doing it.

What would be people's preference then, just the one game, different track each week for 4 weeks? If so, what game would people want it to be?

I put together a Google sheet with some of the games I own, if there are others, add them to the top line and if I don't have it but it's the chosen game, I don't mind grabbing (Steam sale is currently on!)

Sheet can be found here

As stated before, this isn't just for those with a steering wheel, it's open to all, more the merrier.

So far I think those interested are:
* uni
* Chaos
* pesteh
* Smilodon
* Orvis

A Twig

I'm not seeing Wreckfest in this tournament...
[N~@] - Ninja Association
Although we may fade from life, life does not fade from our memories

Myopic Sniper

Me! I'm crap, but I'm keen nonetheless.

Mikep1212

If this is as stated, a certain track and car are picked and the goal is to set a time with said parameters by a specific date, I'll join.

delanvital

simagule

same as mike, If this is as stated, a certain track and car are picked and the goal is to set a time with said parameters by a specific date, I'll join.

would it be possible to get a sever going so people can run on the same track if online at the same time and log times? or would that be too complex.

simagule

Forgot to add I have AC and ACC, but dont mind getting another game if it is not to expenseive.

f1 2022 is currently £7.99 till the 23rd. though looking at it the reviews are poor.

Mikep1212

Quote from: simagule;449710would it be possible to get a sever going so people can run on the same track if online at the same time and log times? or would that be too complex.

We've done this with AC and ACC in the past. Shouldn't be too difficult.

uni

So as stated this will be 4 weeks, 4 different tracks, 4 different cars. When it comes down to the tracks and cars, I have no preference, I will let others decide. I think for the game, we should go with AC or ACC, I don't mind which but I think AC would have the wider range of cars?

Having a server up and running is a good idea, I hadn't considered this before, I will reach out to the admins to see about getting it set up.

Lets look to get this started week beginning 3rd April. That's just shy of 2 weeks to finalise everything and to be completed before the lan.

MichaelOrvis

Ready and waiting to go!

ACC is loaded and Im raring to go.