what price a portal

Started by Armitage, March 07, 2006, 06:19:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Armitage

Do you mages out there charge people for the trouble of making them a portal?

And what about the begging for food and water?

Bastet

portal is normaly 20s (reagent cost is 18s + 2s tip)

bread/water i dont know, since i dont use it
Aszune (Alliance):
Sokhar lv 80 (H/M) Warrior, Sokhár lv 80 (H/M) Death Knight, Beset lv 70 (NE/F) Druid, Bastet lv 70 (NE/F) Rogue, Mentu lv 70 (Dr/M) Shaman
-=[dMw]=-Bastet (CSS) / -=[dMw]=-Niwa (BF2) / -=dMw=- Sokhar (BF2142)
-=[dMw]=- MVP Award Holder (June 2006) Winning team -=[dMw]=- Christmas Crunch (2008)

TeaLeaf

I never charge guildies or friends for bread or water.
I cant remember when I last charged for a portal for friends, guildies, raid or party members, i.e. I don't charge for them!
I rarely make portals for anyone else, otherwise I would spend my whole time doing it in IF.
I do not charge guildies, friends, party or raid members for bread or water, but any high level Mage will get bombarded with multiple requests every hour of every day asking for free water (they rarely ask for bread).  
If I know them I will usually make some water for them without charge.
If I know people in their Guild I will usually make some water for them without charge.
If they do not ask politely, or approach me on the basis that Blizzard gave them the right to treat every Mage as a waterboy then they are likely to find that I am 'bread spec' and unable to help them. :norty:

TL.
TL.
Wisdom doesn\'t necessarily come with age. Sometimes age just shows up all by itself.  (Tom Wilson)
Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships. (Michael Jordan)

Gandalf

I just say all mine is Soulbound  :lmfao:
*G*

Cake: Four large eggs. One cup semi-sweet chocolate chips. Three/four cups butter or margarine. One and two third cups granulated sugar. Two cups all purpose flour. Fish shaped ethyl benzene. Twelve medium geosynthetic membranes. Three tablespoons rhubarb, on fire.

Snowstormer

I charge about 30s for a portal, to make some profit. I have sene people do it between 20s and 50s.

For waters, i never charge..but i usually do not conjure either. Exept in raids, or if its a friend/guildie asking. Though i seem to have lots of "friends" when it comes to people needing water.. (Such as random people in tyr's.)
Apologies for harsh language in my posts, just saying what i think. Snowstormer, 60 mage.

I love bloodlord mandorkir.

kregoron

If i ever make a portal for anyone outside the guild, the pirce is 25sp so i get 9 sp in profit. I never charge guildies for portals, bread or water.
If i make consumables for people in IF the usually have to tip me a little depends on how much they get and how much they feel they need it ;) but it rarelly happens.
http://webchat.quakenet.org/ ||| Channels: #deadmen


Vargen

QuoteOriginally posted by TeaLeaf@Mar 8 2006, 09:14 AM
If they do not ask politely, or approach me on the basis that Blizzard gave them the right to treat every Mage as a waterboy then they are likely to find that I am 'bread spec' and unable to help them. :norty:

TL.
[post=115655]Quoted post[/post]
[/b]

Just make the lowest rank water TL :P

But my reply to someone finishing the onyxia chain quest was simply

random person: Heal me plxx!
Vargen: Sorry, Feral spec
*shapeshift to bearform*
Battle.net - Varg#2301 | Steam - Varg1983 | Origin - Varg1983 | Warframe - Varg1