Main Menu

Invites

Started by JonnyAppleSeed, October 04, 2009, 07:41:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JonnyAppleSeed

Rant start ... Rocked up to raid and felt i had to give up my spot. The reason for this was more than one of us were inviting healers .. before i know it we are filled with memebers who have just turned up on spec getting a spot over people that have put the time aside and signed up days in advance..... class needs yeh understand
Rant over


Im thinking of confirming the raid spots a day before or at least lock out the sign ups 30 mins before as to stop it happening again
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion


Gandalf

Confirming spots would be great. You all should be moderators, and maybe we should extend that to class leaders too so we can get all sorted a day before hand.

It would make life a lot easier before the raid.
*G*

Cake: Four large eggs. One cup semi-sweet chocolate chips. Three/four cups butter or margarine. One and two third cups granulated sugar. Two cups all purpose flour. Fish shaped ethyl benzene. Twelve medium geosynthetic membranes. Three tablespoons rhubarb, on fire.

Azunai

Aye this is something we can do beforehand. I wouldn't mind personally, if I can manage to remember it. If every officer can do so for their own 'area of expertise' so to say? Like Necro or me would take tanks, Jas/Evo healers and so on..  And give CL these rights too?
or Garrit, or Torgen. Also, Livestream.

FatBob

Feel ya pain m8......no way should/will a member be invited before an officer who constantly performs ever happen again !!!!
Bad on whoever invited anyone before one of the class officers ! we rock up all the time every time and perform...when we dont feel free but until then please make sure of invites before pressing the button.
i know how i would feel if that had been me misssed out on the first Thorim kill after putting in so much...do think on and lets not have this happen again please !.
 
Sorry it was you had to suffer Jas..i'm gutted for ya !
 
Had i seen the situation at the time i would have shouted loudest.
 
FB
-=[dMw]=-FatBob
" Mongo like Candy ..."

Gandalf

I have no idea how it happened as evo was sorting the healers out and Jas was in the lineup!
*G*

Cake: Four large eggs. One cup semi-sweet chocolate chips. Three/four cups butter or margarine. One and two third cups granulated sugar. Two cups all purpose flour. Fish shaped ethyl benzene. Twelve medium geosynthetic membranes. Three tablespoons rhubarb, on fire.

evoxer

#5
Hmm well this was one on my part which id like to say is kinda unavoidable.. we had 9/10 healers turn up for 7 spaces so some had to drop. I myself had agreed to drop and jim dropped too. However this left you guys with no pala so jas told me I should go and he would sit the night out..

Ill say something and want this to be taken in the correct manner - if your not happy sitting the night out then dont say you are, you could have happily taken my spot and I would have bounded about mining n what not.

I still dont like that bit i want it to sound nice but however i write it it looks like im havin a stab as jas.

Ill try and keep a closer eye on who gets invited and who doesnt.

[EMAIL=evoxer@deadmen.co.uk]evoxer@deadmen.co.uk[/EMAIL]

JonnyAppleSeed

Taken the right way .. it not an issue sitting out it will happen ... I was more upset with people signing up 5 mins before and getting in the raid when the ones that sat out had been signed up for some time (hugs)
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion


JonnyAppleSeed

Thsi still needs work..Im trying my best to make it fair for invites but i still feel im getting shafted..mezz signs up 18 min before the raid and gets a spot. I sign up as standby yesterday and no spot plz


Sod trying to sort it ill just bang my name down on every raid then turn up if i feel like it. Sheep and garrit thanks for the offer tho im not gunna grab anyone spot once they are ready to roll
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion


TeaLeaf

Keep in mind you want everyone in the raid for DKP.  You can then sort who gets a spot.  Different approach to it maybe and just do a mass invite?
TL.
Wisdom doesn\'t necessarily come with age. Sometimes age just shows up all by itself.  (Tom Wilson)
Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships. (Michael Jordan)

JonnyAppleSeed

Ignore me i spat my dummy after trying like helll to get back in time

It did get me thinking of whats the best way to sort raid invites as the dkp has boosted attendance...how do you then decide who ya grab after the mass invite ?
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion


Gandalf

Quote from: JonnyAppleSeed;295125Ignore me i spat my dummy after trying like helll to get back in time

It did get me thinking of whats the best way to sort raid invites as the dkp has boosted attendance...how do you then decide who ya grab after the mass invite ?

It's down to class leaders to sort. Tanks, healers, ranged and melee. Any that are not required are moved to slot 6 and up. Of course prio should be to people who were standby last time, but it is down to the class leaders to get this sorted.

As the dkp is so new, and the invite all and move to 6 is too, it'll take a few goes to get it perfect. But we will get there and unfortunately we will not please everyone all the time.

I could use a bit more assistance sorting the group out by the CL's though as I normally end up shuffling them myself.
*G*

Cake: Four large eggs. One cup semi-sweet chocolate chips. Three/four cups butter or margarine. One and two third cups granulated sugar. Two cups all purpose flour. Fish shaped ethyl benzene. Twelve medium geosynthetic membranes. Three tablespoons rhubarb, on fire.