Hans Zimmer

Started by BrotherTobious, August 11, 2014, 04:21:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrotherTobious

Ladies and Gents

It is at the Hammersmith Apollo on Sat 11/10

I am going to this event the tickets range from £67 to £100 if anyone else is in London and fancys it let me know.  As I will happly get a ticket for you when I book mine.

QuoteTime Out saysPosted: Fri Jul 4 2014
Is it just us, or is there something a bit weird about the title of this event? We're hoping that the multi-award-winning film composer (and king of pirate music) will not be taking to the stage in anything too risqué, and that any revealing tonight will be solely of a musical nature.
What we do know is that the concerts will mingle orchestral, rock and electronic elements, with special guests include ex-Smiths axeman Johnny Marr, and that Zimmer will be conducting the whole thing. He's second only to John Williams when it comes to crowd-pleasing theme tunes, so count on old favourites including 'Gladiator', 'The Lion King', 'Pirates of the Caribbean' and 'The Dark Knight'. Personally, we're hoping for 'Muppet Treasure Island' too.
"It's hard, but not as hard as Arma!!!" Tutonic
"Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil... prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon.." Terry Pratchett

TeaLeaf

Nice, might join you on that one.  I'll try to talk to you tonight.
TL.
Wisdom doesn\'t necessarily come with age. Sometimes age just shows up all by itself.  (Tom Wilson)
Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships. (Michael Jordan)

Snokio

He has composed some stella tunes, is there an actual list of songs?
​ Bring on the randomness!
Apparently I actually exist! Or maybe it was the drink?

TeaLeaf

Couldn't find a precise list, but I did find this:

QuoteThe concert will be in two parts: the first being some of Zimmer’s classic movie scores including GLADIATOR, THE LION KING and PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN, and the second featuring re-imagined versions of some classic scores such as THE DARK KNIGHT TRILOGY and INCEPTION with special guests from the rock and pop world.

Put me down for 2 tickets please Toby and I'll transfer the money to you when you give me the nod.   Many thanks for posting it :)
TL.
Wisdom doesn\'t necessarily come with age. Sometimes age just shows up all by itself.  (Tom Wilson)
Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships. (Michael Jordan)

TeaLeaf

Went to this last night with the missus and met up with the Tobster and Nameinuse.    

Simply brilliant!

Stunningly good musicians (including one of the best electric bass players I have seen in a while), ably supported by the Crouch End Festival Chorus, took us through a range of Zimmer film scores.  We even got a bonus guest appearance from Pharrell Williams who has been mentored by and worked with Zimmer, most recently with Amazing Spider-Man 2 and Despicable Me.  The unannounced full orchestral rendition of 'Happy' enjoyed huge audience participation.

Thoroughly worth the effort getting to the Hammersmith Apollo for one of only two UK dates.   Very highly recommended! :thumbsup:
TL.