Discord down? Thread

Started by SithAfrikaan, September 29, 2023, 12:41:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SithAfrikaan

Where else would I go to check if I am the only one experiencing issues with Discord?
All I get when launching the app is a message saying "Sorry, you have been blocked you are unable to access discord.com"

A quick look at down detector shows quite a number of reports but nothing like a nationwide black out, so who knows!

Unrelated, I think this is the image of pure greed from Discord that I think is really a shame.
Love is the one thing that transcends time and space.

Penfold

I think it may be down.

When launching, I only get a grey screen.
PEN
(Formerly: ThePENDRAGON)

OldBloke

"War without end. Well, what was history if not that? And how would having the stars change anything?" - James S. A. Corey

OldBloke

https://discordstatus.com/

Scroll down ... says fixed but that's not my experience.
"War without end. Well, what was history if not that? And how would having the stars change anything?" - James S. A. Corey

OldBloke

OldBloke

SithAfrikaan

Same, but it sure is nice to see us all using the new shiny forums :-)
Love is the one thing that transcends time and space.

smilodon

The only real issue I have with using Discord text chat over the forum is that we don't own the platform, and are at the mercy of Discord. While we can't guarantee the Deadmen Forum ( as was shwon when the old forum got so outdated it stopped working) we do own the software (as in it's free and open source) and it sits on our own hardware. Discord can change things, close things and hide stuff behind paywalls and there's nothing we can do about it.

We're not paying anything for a fairly comprehensive set of chat and text channels. Discord need to make money somehow, so as long as someone else is buying thier crap we don't have to.

Discord suits us fine right now and it's great the whole thing is free, but I wonder how long it's c going to stay that way?
smilodon
Whatever's gone wrong it's not my fault.